1, 004 Likes 65 Dislikes
Apocalyptic scene across Florida Keys following devastating storm surge across Big Pine, Bahia Honda, Marathon, Duck, Long, and Lower Matecumbe Keys. Shots of heaps of interlaced debris and destruction, destroyed US Highway 1, stranded boats, obliterated neighborhoods, and scattered vehicles and belongings.
All footage shot during afternoon daylight on September 10, 2017 on/near Big Pine Key, Bahia Honda Key, Vaca Key including the town of Marathon, Duck Key, Long Key, and Lower Matecumbe Key by Meteorologists Juston Drake and Simon Brewer
1-3. boats stranded on dry US Highway 1 after a significant storm surge swept them onto the highway in Big Pine Key
4 & 5. shots of huge interwoven mass of debris over US Highway 1 in Big Pine Key; Meteorologists Juston Drake and Simon Brewer were forced to dig and move large areas of debris by hand to progress through the virtual obstacle course to continue moving through the Keys
6. shot of storm surge water and debris flowing over US Highway 1 in Big Pine Key as Hurricane Irma moves away from the Keys
7. shot of wrecked ship from huge storm surge and high winds of Hurricane Irma on Big Pine Key
8. shot of virtual obstacle course of debris on US Highway 1 near Big Pine Key; Meteorologists Juston Drake and Simon Brewer moved trees and debris by hand to create a path of evacuation from the island
9. SUV wrecked against debarked vegetation following deadly storm surge and intense winds of Hurricane Irma on Big Pine Key
10. "Bahia Honda State Park" sign surrounded by damage on Bahia Honda Key; there was extensive damage to the state park making some areas nearly unrecognizable and impossible to navigate. Debris from park facilities, campground, and picnic areas were strewn with dead sea life and coral on US Highway 1 from a devastating storm surge.
11. shot of destroyed section of northbound US Highway 1 on Bahia Honda Key; Meteorologists Juston Drake and Simon Brewer were forced to drive on a pedestrian foot path to navigate around the damaged road
12 & 13. shots of a destroyed SUV from a devastating storm surge on Bahia Honda Key; shows the raw power of a massive storm surge
14-16. various shots of dozens of trailers tossed and destroyed in a trailer park on Bahia Honda Key from powerful high winds
17. obliterated homes in Marathon FL (Vaca Key) from deadly storm surge
18 & 19. shots of roofless auto parts store in Marathon FL
20. homes, outbuildings and furniture scattered on and over US Highway 1 from massive storm surge on Duck Key FL
21. shed moved to opposite side of US Highway 1 from its original site by a powerful storm surge on Duck Key
22. expensive sports car destroyed and mixed with other storm surge debris on US Highway 1 on Long Key FL
23. limousine stranded and damaged in middle of US Highway 1 by devastating storm surge on Lower Matecumbe Key FL
25. House moved nearly a hundred meters from its original foundation across US Highway 1 by a powerful storm surge
26 & 27. SUV, trailer, and large meat smoker stranded and partially buried by deep sand deposits over US Highway 1 on Lower Matecumbe Key
28. front loader moves large deposits of sand from large storm surge on Lower Matecumbe Key
29. pushed-in shot of FIRST outside (the Keys) first responders attempting to go into the Keys. These trucks were followed by long trains of police, fire, and ambulance brigades on their way to help the middle and lower keys.